Administrative Assistant (4722C) #16571
|The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
|Application Review Date|
|The First Review Date for this job is: September 11, 2013.|
|The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) is recruiting a 60% part-time Administrative Assistant.
This Administrative Assistant assists in program planning, general administration, development and administration of the Center for Teaching Excellence. The responsibilities involve analytical studies on a variety of projects, programs and issues in support of CTE’s programs including the Coaching Connection, Teaching Excellence Series and Continuous Learning Events. The Administrative Assistant also provides consultative services regarding general management to CTE.
To learn more about the Center for Teaching Excellence visit: http://groups.haas.berkeley.edu/CTE/about.html
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders – individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
|• Gathers data from faculty, staff and other resources and inputs data into database and keeps it up to date.
• Generates standardized reports from databases to assist administrators in the evaluation of programs. Collaborates with TIES Analysts and Enterprise Computing & Service Management (ECSM) staff to work on improving the CTE Database throughout different working phases.
• Assumes responsibility for basic financial functions including billing, purchasing and paperwork. Performs purchasing for equipment, supplies and materials.
• Responsible for scheduling functions including appointments, coordination of meetings, programs, workshops and room reservations, utilizing sensitivity to issues, priorities and protocol. Identifies availability and schedules resources required for the programs including Faculty, Staff, facilities, audio/visual, etc. Attends and provides same day setup and support for programs. Attends CTE and other Haas meetings to understand program-related needs and priorities.
• Works on other special projects involving analysis and planning as required which may include basic website, Excel, database and other software tools. Other duties as assigned.
|• Equivalent experience/training
• Skills to learn campus, Haas and CTE programs, and other computer application programs.
• Event planning, including booking catering and travel
• Strong organizational skills
• Quick learner
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to see both the big picture and the small details
• Basic communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
• Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
• Basic accounting skills
• Skills to analyze information and learn to synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Experience in Dreamweaver preferred.
|• Working knowledge of Berkeley-Haas systems
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Commitment to Haas’ Defining Principles: Always Students, Beyond Ourselves, Confidence without Attitude and Question the Status Quo
|Salary & Benefits|
|The prorated salary for this 60% part-time position will range between Step 1: $2134.80 per month up to Step 8: $2501.40 per month, plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
|How to Apply|
|Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.|
|This is a 60% part-time career position classified by the university as a (_) Assistant III.|
|Criminal Background Check|
|This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity|