Stryker Sustainability Solutions is the leading provider of reprocessing and remanufacturing services for medical devices as well as comprehensive recycling and redistribution initiatives. Stryker was the first global Original Manufacturer (OM) to offer innovative, cost-effective programs, such as reprocessing and remanufacturing, to help meet the resource management demands of its hospital partners. Stryker’s programs specifically target inefficient practices and reclaim and redirect consumable and financial resources in order to promote healthy and responsible hospitals. Stryker customers include most of the “Honor Roll” hospitals recognized by U.S. News & World Report.Responsible for leading engineering and supply chain professionals, while partnering with the divisional personnel to ensure that new components and devices are sourced through the best supply chain.
Work with suppliers to understand and develop their procedures and processes to increase quality and efficiency, as well with R&D engineering to incorporate technical solutions which provide value to the organization. Drive for flawless launch of new products with Stryker strategic suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Management responsibilities includes setting structure, identifying appropriate talent, developing job descriptions, objectives, Key Performance Indicators and performance goals.
– Drive adherence to ASL and partner with AO and R&D to develop new technologies partners to ensure compliance with Stryker QMS.
– Provide supply chain program management for new product launches.
– Supplier capability subject matter expert (SME) and conduit into the new product development process.
– Partner with Group Commodity and Purchasing Controls leads to implement consistent processes and procedures. Responsibilities include:
o Support RFQ/RFI process
o Follow supplier add/change process for new product related supplier adds.
– Partner with AO and R&D to align with Stryker’s global sourcing strategy and processes. Responsibilities include:
o New technology supplier development and qualification to Stryker QMS.
o New product ASL compliance.
o New product sourcing status reporting.
o Ensure seamless transition of new product launches to manufacturing.
– Support companywide initiatives to develop and implement decision support and data systems to enhance supply chain decision making and performance monitoring.
– Assess and improve upon our suppliers’ quality and ensure conformance to Stryker’s standards on process controls and process validation through the new product development process.
– Work with R&D and the suppliers to provide DFM/DFA inputs based on lessons learned to improve quality, time to market, and cost.
– Establish relationships with Suppliers to achieve win/win outcomes with process controls and validation requirements
– Benchmark industry best practices to implement CI within Stryker NPD Sourcing process
– Mentor, train, and develop team members
– Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, and boost morale
– Develop strong relationships with key suppliers as well as other disciplines within the businesses and represent the ‘voice of the supplier’ in the organization.
– Develop a contract strategy for suppliers and lead negotiations.
– Identify supply base risk and implement mitigation plans.
– Collaborate across functions, divisions and campuses.
– Support the Advanced Operations department as an essential partner, participate in new product launches; request for quotes, lead supplier selection and ensure that suppliers meet product launch deliverables.
– Assist with developing supplier relationships and managing complex negotiations and problem resolution.
– Ensures compliance with all regulatory and compliance activities within prescribed area to include, but not limited to: Federal Drug Administration, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO standards, safety and OSHA regulations, affirmative action guidelines and equal employment practices.
– Focuses on customer satisfaction by demonstrated Teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honesty and integrity and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
– Demonstrate the positive behaviors that reflect understanding and support of the organizational values set forth in Stryker Sustainability Solution mission statement.
– Actively contribute to the company philosophy of providing quality service by treating all individuals with courtesy and respect.
– Manage time and resources effectively through good organizational skills and through use of positive problem solving skills.
– Continuously strive to improve quality of customer service by recognizing opportunities for improvement and ideas that would fall into the Stryker Sustainability Solutions mission.
– Perform other duties as directed or assigned
Qualifications (Education, Certifications and/or Experience)
– Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Mgt, Engineering, Finance or equivalent). Master’s degree preferred.
– Supply Chain and/or Medical Device quality certifications or training is desired.
– Lead auditor certification preferred.
– Financial analysis and negotiation skills required.
– Strategic analysis skills required.
– Strong understanding of FDA and ISO 13485 quality system requirements and related global medical device quality standards General understanding of basic engineering and applied
statistical analysis desired.
– 7+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions, preferably in medical device or other regulated industry.
– Experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements (QAA).
– Experience auditing in medical device or other regulated industry preferred.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2048156-1793-7876
Tempe, AZ 85283