STARTING DATE: Approximately – July 2014
QUALIFICATIONS: • Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, required.
• Two (2) years of full-time professional work experience in a postsecondary educational setting, required.
• Institutional Effectiveness experience, preferred.
• Banner Management Software experience, preferred.
• Experience with SACSCOC accreditation standards, preferred.
• Coordinate the functions of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
• Keep accurate logs of all external and internal reports completed by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
• Maintain correspondence, and other types of files related to the day-to-day operation of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
• Serve as Key holder for the College’s IPEDS reports and coordinate the completion of each of these reports.
• Coordinate institutional data reporting to federal and state entities to ensure validity, accuracy, and punctuality.
• Assist with guidance and support for the development of outcomes and assessment strategies within educational programs, administrative and educational support departments.
• Develop continuous improvement procedures in academic, administrative, and educational support assessment to aid in institutional strategic planning and accreditation requirements.
• Coordinate college wide planning and institutional effectiveness activities to identify needs and trends and provide the strategic information necessary to continuously assess and strengthen the College’s mission, goals, operations, programs, and services.
• Collaborate with College leadership to comply with SACS accreditation requirements.
• Collaborate with College leadership to prepare accreditation documents for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
• Coordinate college-wide surveys and evaluations.
• Generate and maintain information from instructors’ evaluations by students.
• Generate and maintain information from the College’s reporting system.
• Work with existing data systems and seek to develop new data systems to support academic, administrative, and educational support assessment.
• Work with College Administration, Division Chairs, and unit heads in the development and evaluation of program reviews for all instructional units.
• Assist with the design and leading of faculty/staff workshops, seminars, and other professional development events focused on assessment and institutional effectiveness.
• Prepare assessment reports and data for campus dissemination, accreditation documentation, and other purposes to support data-driven decision making for planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
• Update annual and semester reports on the office’s website.
• Provide status reports on on-going projects.
• Assist with the preparation and submission of grant proposals.
• Show evidence of maintaining and expanding professional competence through activities such as continuing or in-service education, membership in professional organizations, and participation in related community activities.
• Represent the College in a positive manner to community, education, and business organizations.
• Serve on committees as assigned.
SALARY: Appropriate placement on State Salary Schedule C3-0 ($39,924 – $61,002)
A complete application packet consists of the following:
a completed Northwest-Shoals Community College application form (original signature required),
a current resume,
postsecondary transcripts (unofficial or official), and
written verification of two years of full-time professional work experience in a postsecondary educational setting as required under “Qualifications”
Verification of two years of full-time professional work experience in a postsecondary educational setting must be submitted from current or previous employer(s) and must be in writing, signed, and on letterhead. Letters must include beginning and ending dates of employment, position held, and indicate full-time or part-time.
Submit application packet to:
Northwest-Shoals Community College
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 2545 (800 George Wallace Blvd)
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662
Telephone: (256) 331-5229 Fax: (256) 331-5459 Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Applications should be received by no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 18, 2014.
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
Application packets received after the deadline date (including transcripts and letters of verification of work experience) will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
The submission of all required application materials by the deadline date is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Northwest-Shoals Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.
Northwest-Shoals Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants in need of an accommodation(s), should contact the Office of Human Resources prior to the interview. 256-331-5279
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.
Northwest-Shoals Community College will not be responsible for copying application packets for current or future positions.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Northwest-Shoals Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding of employment.
Muscle Shoals, AL 35662