Contract Specialist (#70690)
University of California San Diego
Hiring Salary Range: $35,257 to $48,642 annually
Filing Deadline: Wed 4/30/2014
Major duties include researching, preparing and processing contracts for several major University departments and interaction with project managers, administrators and employees. The Contract Specialist is responsible for the preparation of all construction contract documents in excess of $100K (formal), and under $100K(informal and negotiated) including: Mini, Brief, Blanket, CM at Risk, Design Build, JOC (Job Order Contracting) and CM Multi-Prime for various delivery methods while ensuring conformity to applicable laws and policies.
Primary reviewer of Executive Design Professional Agreements (EDPA) and Professional Services Agreements (PSA), providing expert guidance to the project management teams campus-wide as to the proper use of each agreement as it pertains to their projects. Perform quality control of construction documents: ensuring construction contracting policy & procedure updates and revisions are incorporated in all applicable documents. Other duties within scope of position as assigned by supervisor.
~Some overtime required during peak periods.
- Knowledge of industry contracting practices and disciplines involved in construction projects and the interface between design professionals, project managers, contractors and inspectors.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word (track changes, merge, etc.), Excel (creating complex and accurate spreadsheets), Outlook, Adobe Acrobat & email systems and extensive website and on-line skills. Excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge of complex construction contract documents, delivery methods and agreements.
- Knowledge of labor compliance program as it relates to construction and its applicable laws. Experience in analyzing and monitoring certified payroll, prevailing wage and apprenticeship required documents to ensure compliance with governing laws and labor compliance program.
- Ability to review and organize information, materials and details independently and effectively; identify deficiencies, obtain additional information if needed, and take appropriate actions.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills (using grammatically correct written English and accurate typing) to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels of the organization, exercising tact, mature judgment, diplomacy and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness. Skill in working as part of a team.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively in public settings to provide information or explain procedures, policies, etc. Aptitude in researching, developing and presenting informative and effective training material.
- Ability to independently organize and coordinate a variety of tasks and projects in a high volume, production-oriented unit, set and adjust conflicting priorities, show self-motivation, take appropriate initiative and exercise professional judgment while maintaining composure under competing priorities, demands and influences.
- Ability to accurately prepare all prequalification and contract documents for conformance with legal requirements.
- Ability to research and interpret legal requirements, policies and statutes to ensure compliance of construction documents and correspondence.
- Must possess and maintain valid CA Driver license.
- DOJ and FBI Background clearances required.
UC San Diego is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
La Jolla, CA 92093