Director of Accounting and Finance
1411 Indiana Avenue Jasper, AL 35501
205-387-0511 POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Beginning date: November 21, 2013
Closing date: December 12, 2013
POSITION #462: Director of Alabama Access for Higher Education Center (AAHE) – Sumiton Campus
This is an AT-WILL position for which the attainment of non-probationary status (tenure) is not available.
(Continued employment is contingent upon funding.)
APPROXIMATE STARTING DATE: January 2, 2014
Bevill State Community College is an accredited comprehensive learning-centered institution dedicated to providing quality educational opportunities and services that enrich lives intellectually, culturally, and economically. In fulfillment of this mission, the college offers academic and technical programs and activities. The college serves a population that is diverse in age and race as well as in economic and educational backgrounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree with two years professional experience, preferably working with low-income, first-generation, and/or disabled students. Preference will be given to outreach advisors with a master’s degree in guidance and counseling, social work or related field, and two years experience as a counselor.
DUTIES: In addition to adhering to the guidelines as specified by Bevill State Community College Personnel Handbook and the State Board of Education, duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Serve as a liaison among the AAHE Advisory Council, school districts, higher-education
institutions and other interested parties throughout the state; specifically Bibb, Clay, Coosa, Fayette, Franklin, Hale, Lamar, Marion, Pickens, Talladega, Walker and parts of Winston Counties.
2. Develop and solicit requests for proposals as well as conduct related workshops.
3. Review, recommend and announce award-winning high schools in conjunction
with the AAHE Advisory Council.
• Maintain close communication with AHEE project coordinators to monitor progress and provide technical support as needed.
4. Participate in education and development conferences and other events both regionally and
5. Maintain fiscal records, database, and documentation of reports and correspondence.
6. Develop agenda, attend, and participate in meetings of the AAHE Advisory Council.
7. Compile benchmark data on college-going rates.
8. Track progress of grantee schools.
9. Host meetings as needed and promote public awareness of the program.
10. Provide technical assistance to participating high schools.
11. Attend work-related seminars and workshops.
12. Plan the AAHE Annual Conference.
13. Travel to award Access projects to conduct site visits, provide support, and motivation.
14. Secure additional funds to sustain AAHE beyond this grant.
SALARY RANGE: Minimum $28,000- maximum $30,000.00 annually based on experience and educational level for placement on the Alabama State Salary Schedule C3.
Completed applications must be received by 3:00 pm December 12, 2013, to ensure full consideration. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at his/her own expense. A complete application file consists of:
• A letter of interest with reference to the position number found on the position announcement.
• A completed Bevill State Community College Application.
• Complete transcripts from all institutions from which any collegiate credit has been earned.
• A resume.
• Three current and signed, letters of reference (no older than one year).
Before an offer of employment can be made to the selected candidate, the College will require written verification (on letterhead and signed by an appropriate authority) from current and previous employers confirming the required level of experience as stated in the “Qualifications” section.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $13 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Bevill State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. If you have a disability and may require accommodations, please notify us at 205-387-0511 Ext. 5242. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Learning, Serving, Enriching
Bevill State Community College is an accredited, learning-centered institution dedicated to student success by providing quality educational and training opportunities that enrich lives intellectually, economically, and culturally.
Jasper , AL 35501
1411 Indiana Ave
Jasper, AL 35501