Math Tutoring Center Coordinator – Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Under the general direction of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) Director, this full-time position is responsible for coordinating the college’s Math Tutoring Center, training and supervising tutors and others, and creating and conducting special workshops.
Minimum Qualifications: Interviews can only be extended to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications. Following are the minimum required qualifications for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or secondary mathematics education from a regionally accredited institution
• Two (2) years of mathematics teaching and/or tutoring experience at or above the high school level
• Experience in assisting, supervising, and evaluating others
• Ability to effectively manage Math Tutoring Center operations and prioritize work
• Knowledge and ability to effectively work problems from basic math through precalculus and trigonometry
• Ability to convey mathematical knowledge to students using various techniques and technology
• Knowledge of mathematical technology such as graphing calculators and math tutorial software
• Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with faculty and staff to establish effective working relationships
• Ability to adapt to various learning styles of students and teaching styles of faculty
• Ability to identify areas of student difficulties and patiently help students overcome math anxiety
• Ability to demonstrate computer skills during screening
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
• Experience teaching or tutoring at a two-year community or technical college
Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Coordinate the Math Tutoring Center activities.
3. Provide one-on-one and group assistance to students in mathematical subjects.
4. Assist students in learning how to use calculators and mathematical programs.
5. Create and conduct special workshops, such as math anxiety, study skills, test-taking strategies, etc.
6. Create lessons and other student materials in conjunction with math faculty/staff.
7. Train and supervise professional tutors, peer tutors, and work-study students.
8. Conduct Math Tutoring Center orientations as requested by faculty/staff.
9. Maintain materials and equipment and keep accurate inventory.
10. Maintain Tutoring Center records and prepare and file reports.
11. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
12. Maintain confidentiality of student, faculty, and departmental information.
13. Remain current in and enhance professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education, keeping informed of advances in the teaching and tutoring of mathematics.
14. Attend meetings as necessary.
15. Assist with data collection and marketing activities related to the Quality Enhancement Plan.
16. Serve on committees as assigned.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: Appropriate placement according to Salary Schedule C3 Rank I with a salary for twelve months from $37,450. Generally, credit will be given for experience within the public schools, colleges, and adult education programs of Alabama, and placement on the salary schedule shall be in accordance with length of service in Alabama public education and directly related full-time experience.
Anticipated Begin Date: August 1, 2014, or as negotiated
Application Procedure: To be considered for an interview, the applicant must submit all of the following:
Letter of Application (Cover Letter)
One-page personal Statement of Philosophy regarding the mission of
the community college
A completed CVCC Employment Application form (Rev. 5/12/2008)
Copies of transcripts (unofficial or official) from all colleges from which degrees have
been granted. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts must be received by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED VIA FACSIMILE OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please do not staple any documents in your packet. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete set of information for each position. Once submitted, all applications become the property of CVCC. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied by the College.
Verification of Employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made. Verification letters should, at a minimum, include the work experience indicated on page two of your application. This information is required within fifteen (15) working days of acceptance of an employment offer.
To secure an employment application go to www.cv.edu. Forward complete application packet to the Department of Human Resources, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, 2602 College Drive, Phenix City, Alabama 36869. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Application Deadline: Application materials must be received in the Human Resources Office no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, to ensure full consideration.
Please note that CVCC will be closed on Fridays during the summer semester.
Interview Process: The Recruitment and Selection Committee will screen all applicants for the position and may interview selected, fully qualified applicants by telephone. The Committee will then select applicants for in-person interviews which may consist of the following activities: question/answer session, oral presentation, written assignment, and/or skills assessments. Upon completion of the in-person interviews, the Committee will recommend finalists for the position to the President, after which final employment decisions will be made.
Additional Information: The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position should circumstances warrant the need to fill more than one position.
The College will not incur the cost of applicants’ interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment. All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
Applicants hired by Chattahoochee Valley Community College on or after January 1, 2012, will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
An offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures set out in the guidelines for State Board Policy 623.01 will be followed. In addition, the applicant will be responsible for the nonrefundable $13* cost of the criminal background investigation. *Additional charges may apply. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION. THIS FEE WILL BE REQUIRED UPON HIRE.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment opportunity. CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CVCC is a top-tier community college, and the region we serve offers a quality of life that’s second to none! Housing is plentiful and affordable, with options that range from apartment communities to family-friendly neighborhoods. Excellent medical care is easily accessible, along with an outstanding system of public and private schools. Shopping, dining, culture and entertainment complete the picture of a progressive area with lots of hometown charm.
The Phenix City–Columbus region serves as a gateway to numerous attractions throughout East Alabama and West Georgia, including Lake Eufaula, Callaway Gardens and historic Warm Springs. And you’re only a short drive from Florida’s Gulf Coast, Birmingham, Alabama or Atlanta, Georgia.
CVCC embodies the concept of a “community college” in every respect. We’re an integral part of the region we serve, contributing to activities and initiatives that make things better for everyone who lives here.
Phenix City, AL 36869
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869