Nursing Instructor (one or more positions) – Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Minimum Qualifications: Interviews can only be extended to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications. The following are the minimum qualifications required for this position:
• Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
• Must possess active, unencumbered nursing licensure
• Must be willing to teach in both LPN and ADN programs
• Ability to incorporate instructional technology innovations into the classroom curriculum
• Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
• Competent use of the Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Qualifications: Following are preferred qualifications for this position:
• Teaching experience at the ADN or LPN level
• Experience using a web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Teach classes as assigned.
3. Organize, instruct, and supervise nursing students in classroom and clinical settings as assigned.
4. Participate in selection of texts and teaching materials for nursing courses.
5. Prepare course syllabi and objectives in conjunction with departmental guidelines.
6. Assist in the development, evaluation and revision of nursing curricula, including the clinical components, to ensure maximum student competency.
7. Assist in writing reports as required by the Alabama State Board of Nursing, the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
8. Recruit students for program and college at large.
9. Develop and deliver web-based instruction.
10. Utilize instructional technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
11. Master software as needed in order to enhance instruction.
12. Maintain currency of professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education.
13. Serve as academic advisor for students as assigned.
14. Participate in advance registration, regular registration, and course schedule adjustment.
15. Serve on institutional committees.
16. Participate in the College’s planning process.
17. Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: Salary level will be determined by educational attainment and years of directly applicable experience according to State Board of Education Salary Schedule D-1. The salary range for nine months is $38,077 to $74,454. Summer employment may be available (an additional $11,756 to $23,026) but is not guaranteed.
Anticipated Begin Date: August 11, 2014
Application Procedure: To be considered for an interview, the applicant must submit all of the following:
Letter of Application (cover letter)
Copies of active unencumbered Alabama and Georgia nursing licenses
One page personal Statement of Philosophy regarding the mission of the
A completed CVCC Employment Application form (revision 5/12/08)
Copies of transcripts (unofficial or official) from all colleges from which degrees have been granted. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts must be received by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED VIA FACSIMILE OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please do not staple any documents in your packet. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete set of information for each position. Once submitted, all applications become the property of CVCC. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied by the College.
Verification of Employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made. Verification letters should, at a minimum, include the work experience indicated on page two of your application. This information will be used to help determine salary schedule placement and is required within fifteen (15) working days of acceptance of an employment offer.
To secure an employment application go to www.cv.edu. Send complete application packet to the Department of Human Resources, Chattahoochee Valley Community College, 2602 College Drive, Phenix City, Alabama 36869. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete.
Application Deadline: Application materials must be received in the Human Resources Office no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, to ensure full consideration.
Please note that CVCC will be closed on Fridays during the summer semester.
Interview Process: The Recruitment and Selection Committee will screen all applicants for the position and may interview selected, fully qualified applicants by telephone. The Committee will then select applicants for in-person interviews which may consist of the following activities: question/answer session, written assignment, and/or teaching demonstration. Upon completion of the in-person interviews, the Committee will recommend finalists for the position to the President, after which final employment decisions will be made.
Additional Information: The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position should circumstances warrant the need to fill more than one position.
The College will not incur the cost of applicants’ interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
Applicants hired by Chattahoochee Valley Community College or after January 1, 2012, will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
An offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures set out in the guidelines for State Board Policy 623.01 will be followed. In addition, the applicant will be responsible for the nonrefundable $13* cost of the criminal background investigation. *Additional charges may apply. DO NOT SEND PAYMENT WITH YOUR APPLICATION. THIS FEE WILL BE REQUIRED UPON HIRE.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the State Board of Education, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment opportunity. CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CVCC is a top-tier community college, and the region we serve offers a quality of life that’s second to none! Housing is plentiful and affordable, with options that range from apartment communities to family-friendly neighborhoods. Excellent medical care is easily accessible, along with an outstanding system of public and private schools. Shopping, dining, culture and entertainment complete the picture of a progressive area with lots of hometown charm.
The Phenix City–Columbus region serves as a gateway to numerous attractions throughout East Alabama and West Georgia, including Lake Eufaula, Callaway Gardens and historic Warm Springs. And you’re only a short drive from Florida’s Gulf Coast, Birmingham, Alabama or Atlanta, Georgia.
CVCC embodies the concept of a “community college” in every respect. We’re an integral part of the region we serve, contributing to activities and initiatives that make things better for everyone who lives here.
Phenix City, AL 36869
2602 College Drive
Phenix City, AL 36869