The University of New Mexico Main Campus
Center for High Technology Materials
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Center for High Technology Materials (CHTM) at The University of New Mexico (UNM), is pleased to invite nominations and applications for two (2) tenure/tenure-track positions within the general research areas related to Classical, Quantum and Computational Imaging. The successful hires will concurrently hold a tenure/tenure-track appointment in a department in the School of Engineering or College of Arts and Sciences. Both experimentalists and theorists are encouraged to apply for these positions. Applicants with interests overlapping with existing UNM efforts are preferred. Representative areas in support of the above themes; include but are not limited to: Mid-infrared photonics, Semiconductor devices, 2D materials, Metamaterials and plasmonic devices, Novel imaging paradigms based on compressive sensing and sampling, Bio-inspired imaging and computer vision algorithms, Quantum sensing, metrology, and tomography, Entangled photons in solid state materials.
Specific duties and responsibilities for the selected hires include:
- Establish and lead an internationally recognized, externally funded research program in the areas related to classical, quantum and computational imaging.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in STEM disciplines relevant to their expertise and serve the programs supported by their department of tenure and interdisciplinary programs.
- Initiate and foster research collaborations among UNM faculty.a
- Attract, mentor, direct and help retain highly talented junior faculty, researchers, post-docs, and students to UNM.
- Catalyze increased financial support from government, industry, and other sources.
- Work with UNM researchers to build upon current research capabilities and programs.
- Develop innovative nationally and internationally recognized research programs and capabilities.
- Forge strategic partnerships between UNM, the federal laboratories, local and national industry through joint research, technology co-development, contract research, and technology exchange.
For best consideration please submit all application materials by February 18, 2014. The full job description and instructions on how to apply can be found using the following UNMJOBS link: unmjobs.unm.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=75719. Please send all nominations by email to Jannell Vander Grift at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, especially women, minorities and those from other underrepresented groups.
The University of New Mexico is committed to promoting and supporting the diversity of our campuses. UNM is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Albuquerque, NM 87119