Miami University is currently seeking a Director of Career Services. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director of Career Services will lead and manage a staff of 13 and administer a budget of $1M. Major initiatives currently in progress include: the development of a robust career community; full integration of career development services along with job-search instruction and support; employer outreach; internship development and coordination among the academic divisions; engagement of alumni in career services; and application of a broad array of career services technology solutions.
• Master’s degree in student affairs, human resources, or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years full-time experience and a record of progressive responsibility as an executive, director or senior-level professional in a university career center or the university relations function of a company or not-for-profit organization.
• Demonstrated understanding of career development theory and practice at the collegiate level and adult career development theory and practice at the business organization level.
• Demonstrated skills in leading and motivating a knowledgeable professional and administrative assistant staff.
• Successful experience in employer-outreach and supporting diverse internal and external client groups.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to set and communicate priorities and manage multiple, often competing, priorities.
• High degree of initiative and flexibility regarding work schedule.
• Demonstrated commitment to personal integrity, student success and inclusion.
Miami University is an EOE/AA employer with smoke-free campuses. Right to Know — Consumer Information http://www.miami.muohio.edu/about-miami/publications-and-policies/student-consumer-info/ Hard copy upon request. Employment will require a criminal background check according to University guidelines.
To apply, please visit: www.miamiujobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=52760