Office Manager-ACLU of Indiana
The ACLU of Indiana is seeking a full-time Office Manager who will be responsible for ensuring a smooth functioning and organized office, including working with outside vendors, handling various financial functions, developing office procedures and systems, and providing administrative support to the Executive Director.
The ACLU of Indiana – a leading non-profit, civil rights public interest organization – is the state’s guardian of freedom; working daily in courts and communities statewide to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the U.S. and Indiana Constitutions. The ACLU is a highly rewarding place to work for those interested in protecting our fundamental civil rights, including immigrants’ rights, racial justice, religious liberty, reproductive rights, LGBT rights, and privacy. Founded in 1953, the ACLU of Indiana is located in Indianapolis and has 7 full-time staff members. To learn more about the work of the ACLU, please visit www.aclu-in.org and www.aclu.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a tidy, organized, and cohesive work environment.
- Manage file storage and archiving procedures and ensure compliance with records retention and confidentiality guidelines.
- Work with IT vendor to maintain staff and volunteer workstations, including upgrading software and hardware, troubleshooting, and ensuring the general maintenance of the computer network.
- Manage communications systems.
- Collaborate with bookkeeping vendor and development staff to support accounts payable and receivable and ensure reconciliation between accounting and donor databases.
- Manage and update employee benefits information; maintain personnel files and monitor HR laws and policies.
- Support the Executive Director with office communications, scheduling, and board-related activities.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 3 years office management/administrative support experience, knowledge of nonprofit finance and accounting preferable.
- Ability to develop effective organizational systems and understand the practices and policies necessary to maintaining a high-performing, employee-friendly office environment.
- Comfort with technology, good trouble-shooting skills, expertise in MS Office applications and the ability to learn new software easily.
- Excellent oral and written skills. The ability to communicate and work effectively with volunteers, staff, board members, and the general public.
- Attention to detail and superior proofreading skills are a must.
- Understanding of and passion for the ACLU mission.
The ACLU-IN offers a fully competitive benefits package and salary based on experience. To be considered for this position, email your resume with cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line.
ACLU of Indiana is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including men and women of all ages, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.