Senior Advancement Writer
Senior Advancement WriterRequisition Number: STFR001057
Division/College: University Advancement
FT/PT: Full Time
The Senior Advancement Writer is an accomplished communications professional with broad-based responsibilities for researching, writing, and editing gift proposals and case statements that support Northeastern’s efforts to engage donors and cultivate their profound long-term commitment. The Senior Advancement Writer, who reports to the Senior Director for Advancement Communications, interacts frequently with Northeastern’s gift officers, other development staff, senior-level administrators and educators, and donors.
As the institution enters Empower: The Campaign for Northeastern University, the most ambitious in Northeastern’s history, this position will focus on writing customized proposals for prospective donors and developing a variety of proposal templates to be applied to various university funding priorities. The Senior Advancement Writer’s responsibilities also include writing and editing content for the alumni magazine, social media, newsletters, and websites, as well as working closely with writers and designers on the Marketing and Communications team and the Office of Alumni Relations.
– Bachelor’s degree or higher and five (5) or more years of professional experience in nonprofit writing/communications, media relations, or a related field required.
– Excellent editing and writing skills.
– The ability to work well with diverse audiences.
– A strong desire to serve the needs of a fast-paced communications operation that is moving toward greater incorporation of the full range of print, multimedia, and online communications tools to meet strategic goals.
– Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to the position, including: mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and matters of style; use of best practices in proposal development; understanding of branding and positioning strategies for the institution and for specific projects; ability to write from the perspective of university leaders for various audiences; ability to learn subject-specific terminology for use in developing written materials, particularly in the realm of the physical and life sciences; knowledge of when and how to use various channels of communication.
– The ability to craft powerfully persuasive, donor-centric proposals is strongly preferred. This is not grant writing; rather it encompasses proposals to philanthropic-minded individuals or groups who have the means and inclination to fund capital initiatives as well as educational and research programs.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency