University of California San Diego
Filing Deadline: Thu 5/29/2014
The Health Sciences Audit Manager position is responsible for leading the audit function for projects in the School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, the teaching hospitals and clinical enterprise, and the Medical Group. This entails annual and strategic planning to ensure risk based audit coverage across UCSD Health Sciences organizational units and topics. As Health Sciences Audit Manager, supervises full scope audits encompassing financial, compliance, effectiveness and efficiency, and information systems audits as a service to management according to professional auditing standards. Supervises audits and advisory services with the highest level of complexity for all functional areas, with special emphasis on integrated auditing and information systems controls, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability ACT (HIPAA) privacy and security standards.
Conducts internal control training courses for Campus and Health Sciences staff through the UCSD Staff Education and Development Program. With the Director – Audit and Management Advisory Services, is jointly responsible for developing a risk-based annual Health Sciences audit plan and the selection of staff for assigned projects. Assists the Director as a member of the management team in selecting candidates for hiring, staffing audit assignments, conducting performance evaluations, and determining disciplinary action if needed for the pool of audit staff members. Supervises auditors in the ongoing development of internal guidance on health sciences topics to assist in auditing health sciences audit topics. Communicates and interacts effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Graduation from college with a major in an appropriate field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, or Industrial Engineering and extensive audit experience; or the equivalent is required.
- Ability to perform and supervise audits and management studies of the high level of complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Ability to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of administrative and financial controls and to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Skills to apply advance fraud audit concepts and techniques to detect weaknesses and evaluate the processing integrity and controls of operational systems.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of theories and principles of the auditing and accounting profession and general administration.
- Working knowledge of the theories and principles of IS auditing and theories and systems of internal controls (financial, management, and IS).
- Working knowledge of good business practices.
- Ability to demonstrate judgment and initiative to obtain high levels of performance and efficiency, either individually or from assigned staff, in a broad variety of responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills to deal independently with business and IS managers, faculty, physicians, other staff on a wide variety of topics.
UC San Diego is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
La Jolla, CA 92093