<div style=”margin:10px 0;”>
” href=”http://jobsearch.imdiversity.com/job/5480/Database-Intern-Transportation-Funding-264-153-/10573149 ” target=”_blank”>
Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to provide assistance in the development and maintenance of databases for federal, state, and local transportation projects contained in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in technology-related areas, including the development of technical services and systems needed to better track funded and constructed projects
- Maintaining and manipulating large-size normalized databases
- Conducting data loading/inputting services
- Performing backup, queries, and analysis of data at a basic level of knowledge
- Programming, analyzing, manipulating, querying, and entering data
- Revising and correcting historical data in Microsoft Access databases prior to migrating to SQL Server
- Creating/updating views, stored procedures, indexes, and constraints
- Creating/updating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports
- Assisting in the development, maintenance, and expansion of Web-based applications
- Ensuring data accuracy
- Assisting in the production of charts, maps, plots, and reports
- Utilizing Geographic Information System (GIS) software
- Strong communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft programs
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Knowledge in Microsoft Access 2010/2013, SQL Server Management Studio 2005/2008 including SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Work requires knowledge in a general professional or technical field that may be obtained with six months to one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
- No work experience required; at least one year of school-related experience preferred
Minimum of $11.86 per hour
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Arlington , TX 76011