||Within the framework of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules, the Director of Operations will be responsible for all aspects of administration for the Cal Men’s Basketball program. This job requires managing multiple tasks and changing priorities in often-hectic settings. The Director of Operations will act as a liaison with other department staff members to provide information and facilitate program operation. Additionally, he/she will work with coaches in developing and maintaining recruiting databases and will work with the department travel coordinator to manage all aspects of team and individual travel related to basketball.
• Work with department travel coordinator to negotiate and implement arrangements for basketball team travel, including but not limited to hotel contracts, ground transfer, practice facility approval, game credentials, itineraries, practice times, meals, etc.
• Make arrangements for extensive summer recruiting travel for coaches (air, ground, and hotel).
• Make arrangements for visiting students (prospective student-athletes).
• Make arrangements for vacation housing and per diem for student-athletes.
• Complete necessary paperwork, including itineraries, rooming lists, travel authorization forms and expense reports.
2. Basketball Administration:
• Complete forms, provide information, and serve as liaison to various department staff members regarding men’s basketball players, recruits, and staff including admissions, financial aid, and housing forms and applications.
• Coordinate training table and pre-game meals, as well as post-game snacks. Consult with nutritionist in developing meal plans.
• Schedule head coach’s speaking appearances and keep calendar. Answer requests from various constituencies, prioritizing them and arranging for student-athlete and coach appearances.
• Coordinate booster club activities with Development Office, including correspondence and benefit fulfillment.
• Coordinate marketing activities with Marketing & Fan Experience Office.
• Under coaches’ direction, coordinate recruiting activities for men’s basketball, including managing database, mailings, and arrangements for official and unofficial visits, and recruiting gate list.
• Coordinate purchasing for basketball including obtaining price quotes and completion of paperwork.
• Serve as liaison with the Camp Coordinator for summer camps.
• Supervise student workers.
• Screen mail and phone calls.
• Represent department/University in person and on the telephone with members of the press, media executives, TV and radio personnel, major donors, faculty, students, alumni and Pac-12/NCAA officials. Answer questions, provide information, accommodate and follow through with requests. Greet visitors to the Basketball Office and provide assistance and/or informed referrals.
• Ensure appropriate office coverage during normal business hours.
3. Game Day Management:
• Coordinate food and supplies for home and visiting team needs (equipment, hospitality, medical, facilities, etc). Work with equipment manager and team managers as needed to provide services to team.
• Secure practice facilities for visiting team in coordination with coaches and scheduling committee, and notify all appropriate parties.
• Coordinate player and coach ticket request list for home and away contests.
4. Special Events:
• Special events include but are not limited to pre-season games, basketball tournaments, and NCAA or NIT post-season play.
• Negotiate, secure, and implement arrangements for special events including but not limited to, site inspections, travel, hotel arrangements, etc.
• Secure ground and equipment transfer, practice facility approval, site credentials, itineraries, etc.
• Recruit host families and instruct them on duties with team.
• Arrange hospitality for teams and visiting dignitaries.
• Obtain and distribute tournament gifts.