Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking Interns to provide support for fiscal- and grant-related services. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
We are looking for someone to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- General administrative, monthly reporting and data testing tasks
- Entering data into spreadsheets and databases
- Updating and organizing a file management system
- Labeling documents and files
- Maintain file room organization
- Copying and scanning documents
- Compiling financial and project data
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Sound mathematical skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Adobe Pro a plus
- Work requires knowledge in a general professional or technical field that may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency.
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
Minimum of $11.86 per hour
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Arlington , TX 76011
Interns – Fiscal Management (265-153)