Scope of Position
Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA) is the leading provider of solutions that address critical communications and productivity challenges facing healthcare, hospitality, retail and other mobile work environments.
The position of Marketing Manager is a newly created position that reports to the Manager, Brand and Marketing Services. As a key member of the marketing team, this person will be responsible for the development of marketing communications primarily for Business Development and Professional Services. In addition this person will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Services team in working across the organization and for managing agencies across media: writing resources, graphic design, web, design production, videographers, etc.
- * Partner with the Business Development team to develop marketing plans to increase awareness and understanding of Vocera’s integration with other technologies and solution providers. Develop BD marketing communications in alignment with plans to meet objectives and ensure each is on brand, on time, and on budget. Includes: webinars, case studies, web updates, white papers, etc. Assume 70% of time will be focused on working with BD.
- * Partner with the Professional Services team to develop marketing plans that highlight Vocera professional services as a key differentiator to all customers and prospects. Develop PS marketing communications in alignment with plans to deliver on brand, on time and on budget. Includes: data sheets, web updates, etc.
- * Support marketing services management to develop marketing programs for corporate marketing, demand generation, sales training, solutions and product marketing as needed.
- * Develop creative briefs and manage vendors including multiple design agencies, printers, photographers, videographers, and freelancers, driving project/campaign objectives and deliverables to program objectives.
- * Ensure that all marketing programs are on message and on brand to present one Vocera brand to global markets.
Education, Skills & Experience
- * BA/BS in Communications, Marketing or other related discipline or equivalent.
- * Minimum 5-7 years of experience in marketing, advertising and/or communications; managing complex, multi-faceted communications projects
- * Experience working with Business Development and Professional Services marketing preferred
- * Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and PowerPoint
- * Understanding of the creative process, review cycles and familiarity of files types
- * Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment
- * Budget, expense and resource management experience required
- * Requires the ability to lead initiatives effectively with minimal supervision
- * Demonstrated ability of managing projects cross-functionally
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action employer and is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
San Jose, CA 95126