Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an entry- or mid-level Transportation/Air Quality Planner to support the creation and implementation of innovative emissions reduction strategies to improve air quality in the North Central Texas Region. Typical initiatives include a wide range of vehicle and technology programs, research and demonstration projects, and regional air quality policies. This posting is for the mid-level position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online. To be considered for the entry-level Transportation/Air Quality Planner I position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating strategy identification and development for federal, state, and local partners
- Conducting project planning, analysis, quantification, and compliance
- Presenting ideas and results
- Providing assistance in consultant oversight
- Identifying applicable funding opportunities
- Providing customer service to partners and stakeholders
- Monitoring state and federal rulemaking and legislation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Work requires a Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods
- At least one year of job related experience
Minimum of $42,077.00 per year
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
For further consideration of this position, please apply directly at:
Arlington , TX 76011
Transportation/Air Quality Planner II – Air Quality Planning and Operations (258-153)