Vice President for Finance – Ripon, WI
The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial executive with a successful record of managing diverse operations, broad intellectual interests and a commitment to the importance of a liberal arts education. He or she will be a collaborative team member and skilled communicator who maintains the highest level of integrity. The candidate will have expertise in accounting, strategic planning, budget, tax and regulatory compliance, as well as a thorough understanding of investment principles and risk management. Strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated working relationship with banks and financial institutions are considered a plus. Preferences will be given to candidates with a Master of Business Administration and/or comparable professional degrees in accounting or corporate finance and a successful track record in higher education.
The core responsibilities of the Vice President for Finance include the following:
• Serving as the primary administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees on matters related to finance, investment, construction contracts and approval, risk management and audit
• Working closely with the President’s Administrative Council to advance the academic mission of the College
• Developing and overseeing the successful implementation of annual budgets and long term financial plans
• Developing and honing the College’s financial models and forecasts that anticipate risks and opportunities
• Managing accounting, tax, audit and compliance obligations
• Providing an independent perspective on investment strategies
• Working with the Vice President for Advancement to ensure accurate and strategic allocation of philanthropic gifts and assisting the development team in their stewardship efforts by providing up-to-date balances and outcomes for restricted funds.
• Communicating financial and budget data clearly to faculty, staff, students, trustees and alumni and external constituents
• Supervising business functions including, but not limited to, contracts, insurance, banking and lenders, legal affairs, personnel management, payroll and benefits administration
• Leading and developing a professional financial staff by providing mentorship and leadership to foster success
Ripon College is a selective, private national liberal arts college located about 75 miles northwest of Milwaukee in central Wisconsin. Founded in 1851, the College has a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students from 35 states and 12 foreign countries. Ripon College is a member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM), the Midwest Athletic Conference. Ripon is a tier 1 national liberal arts school according to U.S. News and World Report, one of the Princeton Review’s “best colleges” and recognized by the Chronicle for Higher Education in 2012 as a “great college to work for.”
To apply, candidates should submit (via email or via regular mail) a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest in the position along with a resume and the names of at least three references to: Ms. Carol Seeliger, email@example.com 920-748-8820; Ripon College, P.O. Box 248, Ripon, WI 54971.
Ripon College is an equal opportunity employer. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information about Ripon College, please visit www.ripon.edu.
In keeping with the College’s Mission Statement:
“An appreciation and understanding of a liberal arts education, as well as experience in higher education, are desirable.”
300 Seward Street
Ripon, WI 54971
PO Box 248
300 Seward Street
Ripon, WI 54971