Desktop Systems Analyst 2
Desktop Systems Analyst 2 (#70746)
University of California San Diego
Hiring Salary Range: $22.62 – $26.64 / Hour
Filing Deadline: Fri 5/2/2014
Under supervision, the Desktop Systems Analyst applies professional business/technical support concepts to resolve hardware, software and networking issues of moderate scope and complexity for a broad range of applications where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Within defined procedures and practices, determines appropriate action.
The Desktop Systems Analyst performs installation and connections of departmental workstations and client devises (e.g. Windows, Apple, Mobile Devices, etc.) for the Administrative Computing and Telecommunications (ACT) department and its clients, in a complex Microsoft Windows network-based, IBM mainframe-based, and Unix-based environment. Implements systems and provides technical support. Responsible for maintaining antivirus software, automated security patch maintenance (Microsoft SUS), and host-based software firewalls for department. Assist in integrating network and departmental computing needs with development activity. Computing is performed on IBM PCs on Windows networks, IBM mainframe and other hardware platforms. Perform Windows Server system administration tasks for ACT Production Windows network as needed.
~~Must be able to work overtime and flexible hours including weekends and holidays, as necessary. Must be able to schedule vacation on a yearly basis, as necessary.
• Experience in use and knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
• Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
• Experience with configuring and supporting Apple (OS X) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry) in a Microsoft/Cisco environment.
• Experience with supporting Microsoft products from an end-user and server perspective; Active Directory, File Servers/Printer, VDI, SharePoint, Permissions, GPO, etc..
• Knowledge and skill in the use of microcomputer hardware and software (including word processing, database, spreadsheet and communications software) in a Windows, Apple, and UNIX environment.
• Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels.
• Working knowledge of: organization computer requirements, recommendations and policies including security standards; desktop and business/technical support systems and enterprise system functions, dependencies and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot.
Background check is required.
To apply, visit: http://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=search&sortby=rank&jobnum_in=70746&search=70746
UC San Diego is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
La Jolla, CA 92093