Fielding Graduate University is the leading provider of graduate-level learning opportunities in the fields of clinical and media psychology, organizational development, and educational leadership. Exclusively focused on doctoral and master s degrees and graduate-level certificates, Fielding orients its programs through distributed and online learning to enable self-directed professionals to make great contributions to their fields. Distinguished, full-time faculty partner with students to integrate research knowledge with real-world challenges.
Fielding s global community is dedicated to lifelong learning; social justice and change; and innovation and advancement in organizations, communities, and society. Fielding Graduate University is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC, Mills College, POB 9990, Oakland, CA 94613; 510-748-9001).
Overview of Schools
Fielding Graduate University offers master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs within three schools: Psychology, Human & Organizational Development, and Educational Leadership & Change.
School of Psychology
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, with optional concentrations in:
- Health Psychology
- The Prevention and Control of Violence
- Forensic Psychology
- PhD, Media Psychology
- MA, Media Psychology and Social Change
- Postdoctoral Respecialization in Clinical Psychology
- Postdoctoral Certificate in Neuropsychology
School of Human & Organizational Development
- PhD, Human and Organizational Systems
- PhD, Human Development
- MA, Organizational Management and Development
- Graduate-level certificate programs:
- Organizational Management and Development
- Custom and Corporate Programs
- Continuing Education Programs
- Evidenced Based Coaching
- Dialogue, Deliberation, and Public Engagement
School of Educational Leadership & Change (ELC)
- EdD, with optional concentrations in:
- Leadership of Higher Education Systems
- Community College Leadership & Change
- Media Studies
- MA, Collaborative Educational Leadership; optional concentration in:
- Charter School Leadership
- Professional development opportunities:
- Tutoring Foundations
- Teaching in the Virtual Classroom
The Fielding Learning Model
The learning model utilized by Fielding is based on the principles of adult learning and is designed to accommodate the needs, requirements and learning styles of midlife and mid-career professionals. The Fielding learning model combines theory with practice in a program that emphasizes academic understanding, research and writing skills and applied activities.
Students in each degree program learn through a mix of independent study and structured course work, learn peer to peer or collaboratively with faculty, utilize a range of learning media, including face-to-face and online in courses, seminars and electronic mail. Fielding offers flexibility for students to create their own learning roadmap and outstanding faculty who act as mentors throughout each student’s learning process.
Find out more!
Please visit our Home Page for more information.